A jury awarded $1.5 million to a man who was shocked by low-hanging power lines.
The victim, 52, sued a major electric company after he was shocked while working for a paving company. As an experienced trial attorney I have reviewed many cases of workplace accidents and have completed same with favorable results.
He was paving a portion of a Highway when the vehicle he was operating struck the lines and sent 7,600 volts of electricity through his right arm. Doctors contend that more than twice the amount of electricity that’s used for the electric chair went in to his right hand and out of his right elbow.
The victim can only perform limited tasks with his right arm and is in constant pain.He also wears a sleeve to reduce swelling and is no longer able to contract his hand. Two doctors testified at the trial that the plaintiff will suffer from pain for the rest of his life.
The jury returned the verdict after studying the plaintiff’s medical bills and determining that he can no longer work.
If you or any family member has been injured on the job please contact me at (800) 320-0080 for a free initial consultation at one of my conveniently located officesin either Baltimore or Rockville.
There are certain time lines that need to be abided by in prosecuting these cases so call now for a free consultation.