Baltimore Hotel Carbon Dioxide Leaks Sends 9 to Hospital.

A unexpected carbon monoxide leak occurred at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport hotel Sunday afternoon.Nine people were rushed to the hospital requiring medical treatment due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

After many calls had come through to 911 with people saying they felt sick or faint a paramedic was finally called to the hotel where he noticed strange symptoms from the hotel guests and called the fire department.Fire officials detected high levels of carbon monoxide after treating an employee who reported feeling faint and subsequently evacuated the hotel,which had 64 occupied rooms.There were high levels all throughout the seven stories of the building.The levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel were severe enough to cause serious injury within 2 hours of exposure fire officials are reported as saying.Twenty people that were staying at the hotel suffered carbon monoxide poisoning stated fire department officials.Four employees who worked in the hotel’s laundry room, including the initial individual the paramedic first treated were taken to Maryland Shock Trauma. An additional four employees and a hotel guest were taken to another local hospital.It was reported that the building was fully ventilated at around 5:30 p.m, but the hotel management is not allowing guests to return for now. The source of the leak has not yet been determined and the investigation is on-going.

If you or a loved one has been the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning call me today at 800 320-0080 or visit me at the offices in either Rockville or Baltimore.